Be part of a leading team delivering energy market solutions whilst building your knowledge, skills and capability in energy market design and analysis.
As a Senior Adviser you will:
- Work to solve complex problems - conducting research and analysis to formulate evidence based recommendations and
advice on market development issues.
- Engage with a wide range of stakeholders to facilitate the exchange of information in relation to large and complex
projects, including industry organisations and groups, regulatory bodies, government, consultants, and
- Lead and manage multiple projects including undertaking project planning, budgeting, and review and monitoring, to
ensure project delivery in line with established strategic direction, project objectives, quality standards and
regulatory frameworks. Including selecting, engaging and managing external consultants to achieve project
- Guide and coach Advisers and Graduate Advisers to support learning capability and growth
- Prepare detailed reports and rule change determinations and collaborate with colleagues to deliver sound policy outcomes.
To succeed in the role you will need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ policy development experience
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, commerce, law or other relevant disciplines, with the ability to apply your skills in a regulatory environment
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to lead, plan and deliver multiple complex projects within specified budgetary and time parameters
- Experience in applying critical thinking skills to solve complex policy problems
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience with the ability to establish effective working relationships, relay complex issues in an accessible way and engage meaningfully in issues discussions
- High level verbal and written communication skills to develop, review and present information and reports in a range of forums
- Strong analytical capability and innovative problem solving
- Knowledge and understanding of the NEM (National Energy Markets) is desirable
Applications close on Thursday 11th March 2021 to holders of unrestricted work rights in Australia.
Please press the "Apply now" button and attach your CV and cover letter.