The AEMC is currently recruiting for Senior Advisers, both on a contract and permanent basis.
Be part of a leading team delivering energy market solutions whilst building your knowledge, skills and capability in energy market design and analysis. As a Senior Adviser you will work to solve complex problems and provide evidence based advice on market development issues.
Be part of a leading team delivering energy market solutions whilst building your knowledge, skills and capability in energy market design and analysis.
As a Senior Adviser you will work to solve complex problems and provide evidence based advice on market development issues. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders to facilitate the exchange of information in relation to large and complex projects, including industry organisations and groups, regulatory bodies, government, consultants, and consumers. You will manage multiple projects, engage with stakeholders on complex policy issues, undertake rigorous analysis, prepare detailed reports and rule change determinations and collaborate with colleagues to deliver sound policy outcomes.
To succeed in the role you will be have:
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ policy development experience
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, engineering, commerce, law or other relevant disciplines, with the ability to apply your skills in a regulatory environment
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to lead, plan and deliver multiple complex projects with specified budgetary and time parameters
- Experience in applying critical thinking skills to solve complex policy problems
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience with the ability to establish effective working relationships, relay complex issues in an accessible way and engage meaningfully in issues discussions
- High level verbal and written communication skills to develop, review and present information and reports in a range of forums
- Strong analytical capability and innovative problem solving
- Knowledge and understanding of the NEM (National Energy Markets) is desirable
The roles the roles are being offered on a 12-24 month contract and permanent basis. Applications close on Friday 25th September 2020 to holders of unrestricted work rights in Australia.