Job Area:Strategic and economic analysis
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
A newly created role within our Strategy and Economic Analysis team for a Quantitative Analyst to undertake research and perform quantitative analysis in the provision of advice and the development of recommendations on economic issues affecting the energy market.
You will work collaboratively with the Economics and Policy teams as well as external partners to provide modelling expertise and insights that support evidence based recommendations and guidance with respect to policy development. You will also contribute to the development of analytical frameworks and models that apply advanced economic concepts and analyses to decision-making process.
Critical success factors in this role are:
- Expertise in the application of quantitative modelling techniques and software
- Experience in a programming language in the development of optimisation models and machine learning
- Experience in developing and handling large datasets
- Flexible and innovative approach to problem solving which takes into account diverse views and requirements
- Demonstrated analytical skill with proven ability to understand complex subject matters quickly
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills to build effective partnerships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in econometrics, mathematics, commerce, economics and/or other relevant disciplines.
A demonstrated knowledge of the national energy markets is also desirable.
Applications close on Friday 17 July to holders of unrestricted work rights in Australia.