Energy lawyer: In house role at AEMC
Be part of a team delivering energy market solutions and build your knowledge and expertise in one of Australia’s most significant and rapidly evolving sectors.
As a Lawyer at the Australian Energy Market Commission, you will provide legal advice that enables the Commission to perform its key functions as energy rule maker and market developer.
Working as part of the Legal and Governance team, you will be responsible for:
- Drafting and reviewing amendments to the national energy rules;
- Advising project teams on legal issues and provide a legal perspective on policy matters;
- Conducting legal reviews of briefings and determinations to ensure legally compliant outcomes;
- Participating in industry forums to facilitate discussion and answer legal questions relating to rule changes and reviews;
- Providing corporate legal services (such as preparation and negotiation of contracts) to support the governance and operation of the AEMC; and
- Undertaking internal compliance and due diligence tasks.
As a highly driven legal professional with 3-5 years PQE, you will bring your relationship management, analytical skills and strong verbal and written communication skills to the role. Experience in the energy sector, corporate governance, statutory interpretation and/or administrative law is highly regarded. Applicants must also have unrestricted working rights within Australia.
Applications close Friday, 30 August 2019.